Friday, 17 July 2015

Anime ll Aoharu X Kikanjuu

"Or otherwise know as Aoharu x Machinegun. I'm going keep the synopsis really short so I can discuss it later. Basically this anime follows a girl named Hotaru Tachibana who usually dresses herself up as boy and so gets mistaken for one. Hotaru ends up in big trouble when she assumes that a guy from this particular host club cheats her bestfriend out of her money and instead of teaching him a lesson as she originally plans to, she ends up in a gun fight with him. (Also don't worry it is a toy gun lol) Unfortunately, she loses and finds herself in a huge debt which can only be repaid if she joins this guy's toy gun team and play survival games. How, adult. Oh, and he's her neighbour too so that makes it doubly hard for her to hide from him."

I happened to come across people talking about this anime on tumblr so naturally I went ahead and checked it out. Why? One, because I'm a curious little kitten. There I said it. And two, 'cause it sounded an awful lot like Ouran Highschool Host Club. OHSHC is everything and if you haven't checked it out stop what you're doing and GO, GO NOW! Ahem, sorry for the detour I'll be getting back on track now. So, yeah I went on and downloaded the first two episodes as they were the only ones out and got down to business. I'm going to be honest when I tell you that I expected something really ouran-esque but discovered that the only similarity between the two is that the protagonist dresses like a girl and finds herself in a debt due to a mistake 'cause really that's about it. The story is completely different from OHSHC and I'm enjoying it so far.

 

In the first episode we are introduced to this girl called Hotaru Tachibana who as I said before dresses like a guy and also happens to be the student council president. She is all about punishing 'evil do-ers' and has a 'strong sense of justice'. We immediately see her in action as she jumps from the third floor of her school building might I add perfectly, to save a guy from being bullied. She's all up for kicking some ass but the 'evil doers' back away from her and realize that they are no match for her. Yup, that's how cool our protagonist is. We get to see her bff too who is the complete opposite of Hotaru in terms of character and appearance and quite likable as well.



See this blonde hunk of a man, yeah? Are you swooning 'cause I definitely am. I'm not even embarrassed at this point. Okay, back to the point. So, his name is Matsuoka Masamune and he is a member of a host club 'cause wey hey attractive and super charming. Basically he's the target of Hotaru's wrath when Hotaru misunderstands her bff and assumes that Matsuoka is to blame and then they get into a toy gun fight. And man, was it intense. This guy then pulls in Hotaru to be a part of his 'toy gun gun team' (talk about a ridiculous name) and play survival games with him and his childhood bestie (whom we'll talk about later) to pay off the massive debt. Matsuoka is super upbeat and cheerful; kinda like a child inside but has his moments where he is considerate and responsible.



Ooh, okay so this is the childhood bestfriend of Matsuoka who is also a part of the 'toy gun gun' team and hurray for him 'cause he finds their team's name super duper bad too. His name is Yukimura Tooru and he's a mangaka who writes s&m adult mangas. I wasn't sure about his character at first but he grows on you soon enough and this is from a person who has watched only two episodes of this anime. Basically, Yukimura puts on a mask to shelter his inner feelings and never lets people get close to him. Matsuoka is the only person in the world that he trusts and thereby gives Hotaru a hard time when they first meet for her first survival game. There is a part in the anime where he calls Hotaru 'hentai-kun' 'cause he finds her using the womens' washroom and assumes she's a pervert (she is dressed like a guy yo). I found that part super hilarious 'cause Hotaru goes into a state of depression on being called a pervert by someone. Finally, Yukimura accepts Hotaru as his friend as he realises that not all people are bad in this world. You go, Yukimura!

The episode ends with them beating a group of people who cheat in the survival games but finally the trio lose in the third round. Hotaru is then told that not a fraction of her debt is paid 'cause today sucked real bad lol. She drops the topic for later and focuses on the fact that her next mission will be to officially change the name of their team. *Claps Hotaru's back and cries sparkling tears* If you like OHSHC and animes like that you should definitely give this a go. It's got guns and hot guys and good punches what more could you ask for. I'm going to give this four stars because I loved it and am not-so patiently waiting for the next episode to come out.



No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com